Just have to brag!!!!!

poolmama67

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2012
Arkansas
I have learned so much information from this site and today I was able to use it. I went to the "pool store" that had given me so much bad advice, only because I was in the area. I told them that I need some cyanuric acid. They said "Oh you mean Muriatic acid?" I said "No that is to lower the PH. I need the cyanuric acid to prevent the sun from lowering my FC." They asked me if I brought pool water to sample. I said, "Oh no thanks. I do that myself now." They said, "With a Wal-mart kit?" And had that, "you don't know what you are doing" look. I smiled and said, "Nope I have a Taylor K-2006 test." Then I looked at the other customers and said, "You really should check out troublefreepool.com. It would save you tons of money and frustration. Then I turned to the owner and said, "Oh well guess I'm off to Wal-mart to get my stabilizer." And walked out the door with the biggest smile on my face.

Thanks again for educating me and allowing me to take control of my pool rather than it controlling me. :cheers:

If I had to bottom-line what BBB is all about, it's this: Having a solid understanding of what parameters to measure in order to properly manage your pool along with knowing what chemicals/dosages are needed and their effect on the water.

I've been through the "old way" of randomly dumping this and that chemical in the pool hoping a miracle would occur. It never happened.

I have a Pinch A Penny 1 mile away on my street, I just buy 10% chlorine and every once in a while a part like a hose or fitting, Oh I think I bought a 9.95 gauge, I'm a big spender! :cool:
My problem to be able to talk to anyone there I'm in and out under 3-4 minutes, no time to talk there! But all my friends are talked to...and all have loved what can be learned here and have testing their own water!
TF-100 kits and taylor K-2006 from http://tftestkits.net.
Chuck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I found a sale last year on 31.45% for $2.50/gal, but it's back to the regular price of $3.99 now. I'm lucky my pH has been stable and I only need MA because of aeration. Fill water TA is around 150.

My water should have been 86 this morning, hopefully it will be under 90 when I get home :sunny:

I definitely have to look around the store for the stronger stuff. I walked around the paint aisle and had no luck. The MA around the pool supplies is too expensive for the concentration. Right now I'm spending around 12 bucks for 2 gallons of 31.45% at the pool store.

Any tips where I should look around the hardware stores?

BoDarville said:
If I had to bottom-line what BBB is all about, it's this: Having a solid understanding of what parameters to measure in order to properly manage your pool along with knowing what chemicals/dosages are needed and their effect on the water.

:goodjob:

I've said elsewhere, and I'll repeat here...

Some people like to understand why and how things work at a basic, fundamental level, and then manage the system to take the best advantage of those processes. We call them BBBers.

Others like to be told what to do and when to do it. We call them pool store customers.

To each his own. :)

I found the 31.45 in the paint section with the paint strippers for $7+ at Lowes.

Btw, I looked in the pool section before leaving for a new, bigger brush and ended up chatting with a lawn and garden guy about pool keeping, he said he was so frustrated with his, he thought about plugging it on new years eve .... Yes we live in the part of nw fl referred to as L.A..... Lower Alabama .... No offense to anyone from 'Bama ... Sure you have heard that before ;-) (And to clarify, he was shooting off a handgun)... Glad I live in the "city" ...

He was telling me about how expensive it was to keep up his pool as he was walking away in a hurry to answer a page... When I go back tomorrow to return some other stuff and ooogle the PVC for a fountain I am going to give him this website, written down... Hope he looks it up!

Btw.. May be changing my username to happiest.pool.mom!!!!! No longer exhausted!!!! Still clear and sparkling clean!

gboulton said:
poolmama67 said:
So proud of my current levels:
FC-8
CC-<.5
PH-7.6
TA-90
CH-80
CYA-45

tested at 10:30 am

:goodjob:
Hi All, :)
Mine's at:
FC 8 (after dosing/very hot/lots of sun now)
CC 0
TC 8
pH 7.5
TA 100
CH 220
CYA 50

On very hot and sunny days with usage, I lose 3 to 3.5 ppm.
I keep mine a tad high, never know when I come home from work and find 4-8 people in the pool! We all love it! :party:

Chuck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.