New liner, how get started?

May 17, 2009
NC
I had a new liner installed. The pool is filling with well water and I anticipate it being full tomorrow. The company/crew that installed the liner said to add some "flock" to remove the iron. I went to the pool store and bought a 24 lb box of chlorine, but they had never heard of flock. I believe my pool is 18,000- 20,000 gallons. What should I add to the water tomorrow?

Have you had your water tested? A lot of places require wells to be assayed and if your locality does, you can get the report and it'll tell you what's in your fill water.

The first thing you should add to the water is some FC then test and adjust the pH if needed.
Then if your water does have metals you'll need to add some sequestrant.
After that you'll need some CYA in the water. I'd add enough to get to about 30 ppm.

Cal hypo adds calcium not CYA. You need to get some stabilizer in the pool or the sun will consume your FC very quickly.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.