Cut Liner

dugm

Jul 2, 2012
I have recently noticed water puddling outside my above ground pool. I investigated inside the pool near this area and see a small L shaped cut in my liner and the patch I applied to a similar cut about 4 years ago is starting to come undone. I removed the old patch and have tried unsuccessfully to apply a vinyl patch with a basic pool patch kit by hth. I tried a few different patches but none of them adhered. The liner is wrinkling in many spots throughout the pool and is particularly wrinkled in the area of these 2 cuts. I can't flatten the liner and apply the patch at the same time. Does anyone have any other solutions or am I looking at having to replace my liner?

Welcome to tfp, dugm :wave:

If this is on the floor I would try to remove the wrinkles where the leak is before applying a patch. some people have had luck doing this with a toilet plunger. Then once the patch area is wrinkle free, retry patching.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.