New Complete FAS-DPD chlorine K-2006 Test Kit

Jun 17, 2012
Howard City, MI
I just received my new Taylor K-2006 Test Kit. Oh My!!!! Looks cool :-D but right now my head is spinning just reading the instructions for testing my chlorine :shock: Previously I have only had the hth test kit that you just add drops and it figures chlorine.

Somebody please help me!!!!! :oops:

1) I don't understand: NOTE: For 1 drop = .2 ppm, use 25 mL sample. For 1 drop = 0.5 ppm, use 10 mL sample.

2) So once I figure out #1 above, then I first test and get results for FC. Then I follow steps, test, and get results for CC. ....Don't I just have to record FC in the pool calculator? Is it necessary to follow addl steps to get number for CC?

3) I haven't read past the Chlorine test, but I really hope it gets a little easier. I may be back with more questions.

Just all seems a little overwhelming right now. Sorry if I seem quite ignorant and thanks so much for any help offered. :hammer:

If you fill the chlorine tube to 10ml, when you add the R-0871 each drop indicates 0.5 ppm FC. If you fill the tube to the 25ml mark, each drop represents 0.2ppm FC. Stick with the 10ml sample.

Terrjam said:
Do I need to test for CC along with FC? The pool calculator only records the FC?

If your water is clean and clear, probably not. If you have doubts, you can do the CC test after the FC test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.