Measuring bleach or MA

erivette

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
South Texas
What is the best way, or best thing to use, to measure the bleach? Last night I had to add a portion of a 182 oz bottle. I estimated cuz I didn't have anything to use to divvy it up. I will eventually need to do the same with MA. I could go buy a measuring cup just for the pool, but that's such small increments. I'm sure y'all have this down pat. Thx!

I have a plastic 2 cup measuring cup I bought at Leslies. I can read the graduations from the inside that way, so I can look down on it when I'm pouring MA in.

Bleach I just guess. It usually wants a quart, or a half gallon, and I can get close enough by eyeball. When in doubt, I go generous. A little extra chlorine won't hurt.

Just a regular measuring cup is all I use. Last year I had a larger one (think it was designed for agricultural/horticultural use - like adding fertilizer or pesticide), but this year I just have a cheap $1 one from Wal-Mart. (It's 4.5 cups) It's fine for the size of my pool. WHEN we go larger, I'll buy the ag one again.

I've got a tea pitcher that I marked in 1 cup increments. I use that for BIG additions. For the most part however I've got a plastic set of measuring cups that I use. One for bleach...one for MA. Never mixed. ;D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.