Need advice on what to do

Jun 9, 2011
We built a 15 x 30 inground pool last summer and had the PCC 2000 installed or so we thought. It is an outdoor pool without a screen surrounded by a preserve and large oak and pine trees. Unfortunately our pool builder did not install the PCC 2000 correctly and it is virtually useless. They used standard drains which don't accept debris so the pool floor constantly has grass,leaves dirt etc on it. Its a $4000 waste of money. The pool builder refuses to do anything and says "its installed and working correctly" and we must have "opted to go the cheaper route since there are a variety of drains that can be used with this system" to save money. In reality we were never offered anything and assumed what was being installed was correct.

So now I am at a loss. I have a worthless inground pool cleaner that according to paramount cannot be changed without major pool floor demolition. I have no dedicated vacuum line for an automatic cleaner. What is the best way to keep my pool clean? Can I just shut off the PCC 2000 and hook an automatic cleaner to my skimmer line? I just dont know what to do now and Im sick of manually vacuuming it each week.

Sorry, I have no experience with your setup, however, I do have a robot that I love and it picks up leaves and all sorts of debris on the bottom of the pool. It is totally self-contained, just plugs into an electric outlet. That might be a good route for you if you don't want to make any modifications to your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.