Prayers & kudos to TFP members & non

ultra800_96

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2009
Pomeroy, Iowa
Just wanted to say wishing well to all members & non whom went through the big storms & are suffering big power outages.

Hope you can all keep or get your pools clean with all the carnage & power outages I've read about. Main thing to keep in mind, life is above all in these storms.

Just wishing everyone well who may have suffered some damage in any way.

Dave B.

karmazrevenge said:
Thanks! I am one of the afflicted and I'm happy to report my pool is crystal clear 7 days without power using the BBB method!!

@karmazrevenge - I'm down the road in Christiansburg, hope you all get your power back ASAP, you all got hit a lot worse then we did.

Thanks, Dave B., for the kind words.

I was out of power for 3 days in 100 degree heat. Working to clear debris from fallen tree limbs can really sap you in that kind of heat. I knew I had to clear the debris from the pool or else the water would go green in a hurry. So, I got in the pool and skimmed from the inside, instead of the outside. Why didn't I think of this before??? Took the skimmer off the pole and just skimmed at arms length around the pool. Worked great and much more comfortable at those high temps.

On day 2 of the clean up, I had the pool surface & deck clear of debris, but still no power and lots of debris in the bottom of the pool. I dug out my water-powered leaf sucker, the one I use in the fall to get leaves off the bottom. Again, working from in the pool, it worked like a charm. Cleaned almost as good as a vacuum or my Polaris 380.

So, when the power came back on, my pool was already in pretty good shape. And, boy, were we ever happy to get back into air-conditioned comfort!

Those are my 2 lessons learned - work to clean the pool from in the pool and use water-powered tools if you've got 'em.

Thanks again, Dave, for the good wishes.

karmazrevenge said:
@tick221 Howdy neighbor! Just curious....did y'all hear the "freight train" sound when the storm hit?

No freight train here but there was a report of a possible twister in Blacksburg, we just had the wind and never really got any rain with the system. Now Sunday night we got some rain or so my wife tells me, I slept through the storm (better sleep through chemicals :) )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.