Fine particals, silt and a sock

Mar 15, 2012
Wichita, KS
I wanted to share a tip and give credit to the member that pointed me to Duda deisel, but couldn't find the original post. I bought two of the 14"x4" 1 micron Polyester filter bags for really cheap ($3.50 or so) and my water is crystal clear now. I used to have water that was "a little cloudy" and maybe some little piles recurring on the bottom after vacuuming, not now. I just cut off the metal ring and it fit right over the stock Intex return piece that screws onto the inside of the valve. I love it!

Img_4209.jpg

Img_4208.jpg

I don't use a skimmer, because I found that unless you run the thing constantly it will do little good. Most of the time I spin my pool, along with netting and an occasional vacuuming. Once a week or so, I will leave the pump on for maybe 6 hours and add the sock. I love it!

I really don't mind vacuuming my pool. It seemed to be doing a fair job considering there's a lot of in/out with my dogs and some with kids, too, tracking in a lot of dirt. But, to have to vacuum two days in a row with no dogs having been in and only 1 hr of light use between vacuuming is too much! What I saw last night was very very fine silt caught on all the wrinkles. I remember reading somewhere here about a sock trick.

So, thanks for the post ... I've ordered a couple of filters from Duda Diesel, myself. Can't wait to try them!

Now, if I can just teach the dogs to use a foot bath before climbing the ladder!?!?

(Eeek, did I admit to all the wrinkles this newbie has in the pool?! lol)

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.