Upsizing Cartridge Filter

DrC

May 9, 2007
Ohio
I currently have a 75 sq ft cartridge filter (Jacuzzi CFR75) that works fine. I am debating on convertng it to be a 150 sq ft model after reading some of the post on here and pool forum. I currently cycle two cartridges and one is due to be replaced so the cost to changeover would not be that much extra. I will need to purchase the larger dirtcatcher that the filter sits on as the only additional piece. All other components of the filter are the same.

I know that the major pro will be doubling the sq ft of my filter material but are there any cons to this I am not seeing?

A link to the filter is Filter Components

Thanks to all

I have a 420 sqft cartridge and I am glad I did. After a year without cleaning it, I have no PSI rise. I could probably go two years but once a year is not that bad. I would go as large as your budget permits.

Ditto for me. My cartridge filter is over-sized (it's a 4 cartridge unit) and I only clean it once a year with no pressure rise. It makes maintenance SO much easier and I'm so glad my pool builder did this (I didn't know anything about pools when we had one put in).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.