Changing Pool Light in Vinyl Pool

Jun 30, 2012
So our pool light hasn't worked since we bought the house.

There is a black and orange giant (1'x8"x8") box behind the diving board which I assume is the junction box. It has little switches that indicate things like "Power" "Remote" "Colorwheel". I've shut of power at this box and power at the GFI circuit breaker.

Down like Jaques I go to find not 1 pilot screw but 4. Already things aren't going like I've read elsewhere.

Take out all 4 screws, that was easy enough. Now the darn plastic thing will not come off the wall!

I'm stuck. Should I continue or is this not a wet fixture?

They had put in a new liner right when we bought the house. Apparently there was a leak and the previous owner had thrown in the new liner with the price of the house. I assume they had to take this fixture off to put the new liner on. Thoughts?

Ok, quick update.

I gave up on the unit when it wouldn't budge. I've learned that forcing something that won't move will usually only break it.

I found out how to open what I thought was the junction box. What I found was the bulb and fiber optic cables. So it would seem I have a fiber optic light. It seems easy enough to replace the bulb model: HI-111. I don't know if I can find them locally, may have to order online.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.