First Time Test Results

I got a Taylor K-2006 kit recently and tested the water yielding these results:

FC: 10.5
CC: 0 (no color change when I add the DPD Reagent #3)
pH: 7.4
Alk: 180
CYA: 90

I took a sample to the pool store today and got these results:

FC: 6.24
CC: 0.45
pH: 6.9
Akl: 111
CYA: 92
Hardness: 126

They said the low hardness was of particular concern and want me to put 25lbs of hardness in the pool.

I came home and tested again, and this time did Hardness as well and got the following:

FC: 9.2
CC: 0
pH: 7.2
Hardness: 310

My questions are:
1. Can their chlorine readings be that far off? and can I really have 0 CC?
2. I have never had a problem with Hardness before and I did the test twice to confirm the result. Can they be that far off?

My pool is clear and beautiful. I don't want to start dumping tons of chems in if i don't have to (and as I have done before based on their recommendations) I plan on adding Borax to bring up the pH and knock off the tri-chlor soon.

I have an at least 25-year old 25,000 gal in-ground plaster pool. DE filter and live on the central East coast of the US (PA).

Trust your own tests.

Why do you want to raise the pH from 7.4?

Your CYA is already very high and a 50% water change would not be uncalled for.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

I tested today at 7.2, seems to be falling so I thought to bring it up. But if it is not necessary yet I will wait.

We have been getting tons or rain so I am hoping if I get off the tri-chlor, I can hold out until the end of the season. I usu drain the pool about halfway on closing b/c I have a mesh cover and it fills up by spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.