New member needs advise. Aquabot T4 or Blue Diamond RC

Jamey

Apr 28, 2008
I decided to take the plunge and purchase a robotic cleaner this year. After a couple of days of research, I narrowed my decision down to the Aquabot T4 or the Blue Diamond RC (same as the Aquabot Viva?) My pool is a 16x32 vinyl liner rectangle, 4 feet deep in the shallow end, and 8 feet deep in the deep end. The walls in the deep end are 45 degree angles until about 4 feet deep, where they become 90 degrees.
I am kind of leaning towards the Blue Diamond, not only because it is a little cheaper, but it comes with the caddy, and the warrenty is a full four years, and not pro rated like the T4. I havent found many reviews of the T4, but I know that it is just a T2 with a remote. Does anyone know if the Aquabot T4 is a better performer than the Blue Diamond?
Any insite that will help me make my decision is greatly appreciated! :-D

Thanks Jason!
Have you seen any complaints about the Aquabot T4? Any Cons? I have not seen much out there as far as reviews for it, but my first impression leads me to believe that it is more sophisticated with more moving parts than the Blue Diamond, therefore it may have a tendency to break more often. On the other side of the coin, I read a review somewhere that the Blue Diamond tends to stir up and suspend a lot of unfiltered fine dirt/algae particles that it doesn't catch, making the water cloudy. The same review said that the Blue Diamond gets hung up on corners, especially when set to clean the bottom and walls. Is this true?

i have the blue diamond and love it. it cleans our 18x36 (3 ft shallow end to 7 ft deep end) gunite pool like a champ. this is our first year using it so i don't know about long term life span. there seem to be more places selling aquabot parts, so that is a real plus

I am a new owner of the Aquabot T2. I've had it for just a few weeks. In that time, I love it. Actually fun (and sometimes) amazing to watch. Again, new owner. We'll see.

From my research before my buy, I would think that you are looking at the top two units. Probably either would be fine.

I know, not much help :?

Past cleaners.
Polaris 280 - Good unit
Hayward Phantom - Did not like it

I am a longtime user of the base aquabot...I am very pleased with it...can be had for $715 on ebay...i can't imaging that with a pool of your size that the more expensive versions would offer you any great benefit...just my .02 and YMMV

Jamey, what did you end up getting?

For what it's worth, and others reading this thread in the same choice of what to buy, I bought a BD remote last season and ended up returning it due to be faulty in the first 30 days. Watertech wanted me to send it to them at my cost for the warranty work. I chose to return it for a full refund. I'm now considering the Aquabot T4 as well, so I would be curious if you ended up getting that one and what your impression is.

Thanks

I ended up getting the Aquabot Viva, which is the same thing as the BD. I bought it off of Ebay (hope it is ok to say that here) from Aquatic Distributors, which I think may be part of Aquatron in New Jersey. It was a great deal at $1489 with 3 extra filter bags. Anyway I had trouble with the remote on the first one (which I think was just a calibration problem), and they exchanged the whole unit, next day shipping, free of charge. The second unit worked perfectly the whole season. I originally bid on the T4 and lost the Auction, but the sales person shot me an email offering the Viva at the same price, and mentioned that it was less likely to get tangled in the cord like the T4 sometimes does. I am not sure if that problem exists with the T4 or not, but I never had that happen with the Viva. All in all I am very happy and impressed with the Viva. It does a fantastic job cleaning the entire pool, including scrubbing the water line, while being gentle with the liner. One of the nicest features is the two cleaning modes. Also, I never had a problem with it getting hung up on the ladder as I read in another review.
Good luck, and let me know if you have anymore questions. Hopefully It doesn't hit me with any surprises when I open in 6 weeks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.