First test results TF100

willybill said:
8000 gallon above ground, sand filter
fc4
ph7.8
ta210
ch220
cya60 (test strips)

any suggestions? cya measured by strips because my cya test tube was received faulty and leaks
You should lower the pH to 7.2. Each time it rises to 7.8, lower it again to 7.2.

I am assuming you are using bleach/liquid chlorine and that your water is clear.

Until you can confirm the CYA, I suggest you maintain FC between 5 and 9 and never below 5.

Thanks for the reply Butterfly, I am using Trichlor pucks for now that came with my pool start up kit, do you recommend liquid chlorine instead? I am also using dry acid that came with the start up kit, is there any risk with using muratic acid instead?

Thanks to Duraliegh for responding to my cya tube issue so quickly, that is speedy service!

I would stop using the pucks. YOur CYA is (perhaps) somewhere around 60 and that's at the max....pucks will only add more CYA and it is hard to get rid of.

Dry acid is fine. Muriatic is a bit better but use up what you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.