BBB for my hot tub,too?

erivette

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
South Texas
I'm making my new pool a BBB pool. I'm wondering if I can do the same with my hot tub. It currently has bromine in it along with other pool store chemicals. Sure would be great if I could use the same stuff on both.

Thanks!

As you'll see from the chlorine post for spas that Jason linked to, there are some differences than using chlorine in a pool. The bather load is much higher since the water volume is so low in a spa and they are typically covered so most of the chlorine loss comes from bather load, not from loss from sunlight. The other big difference is the amount of aeration in the spa, especially if you use jets. Getting the TA lower (to 50 ppm, if needed) and using 50 ppm Borates in the spa are important, even though the procedure says that the borates are optional, I'd say they are normally required to keep pH from climbing too high too fast even with the lower TA level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.