Pool Heat Pumps

Fsac

Apr 28, 2008
Looking to buy a heat pump for my pool in southern NJ. I have a 16 x 32 pool. Not sure between the Haywards, Heat Siphons, Jandys or even a Gulfstream. Anyone have any ideas or experiences with these heat pumps or any others? I plan on using a solar cover. Also heard Hayward doesn't waranty in NJ.
Thank you

We have a Hayward heat pump and really like it. It is not very fast at heating at the beginning of the season. It took about 2 days for our pool to go from 68 to 88. It also is not very efficient in the lower 50's and quits working in the upper 40's. It did allow us to swim in 90 degree water until mid-late October. We opened it mid April, so we will have about 6 months as opposed to my SIL who does not heat her pool and basically only gets mid May to early Sept and the beginning and end of her season is in COOL water, not warm 90 degree water!

Let me just say that PoolSean always goes above and beyond to post anwsers to questions on this board- So I bought my SWG from his company through one of the vendors on this forum. But I will also say another supporter of this forum marcus from poolheatpumps.com did an wonderful job to talk to me on the phone and give me all kinds of advice and solutions plus I got $100 off for being a supporter. woot... So I havn't got to hook mine up but I did want to let you know that I had good luck with the poolheatpumps.com guys and he was good to spend a lot of time on the phone with me.

we just got our Jandy 3000 from Marcus at poolheatpumps.com too....and we love it!
custumer service was amazing and the heat pump arriced perfectly!
we did have to have some electrical work done to support the 220 50amp that was needed to run our big heat pump but, it has been amazing to swim in mid 80's water temp when the avergage temp in Ohio is still 60's-maybe 70's.

Chris

We bought from Marcus (www.poolheatpumps.com) as well, His customer service is incredible. We chose the Heat Siphon SX 5.0- it arrived very quickly and he beat everyone elses price. We're very happy, it only took about 18 hours for our pool to go from 68 to 83. Last year I swam until the first week of October. FWIW, this heat siphon has the highest available COF @ 7.6, this is the most efficient Hat pump available.

We have a Aqua comfort (elec. heat pump) and it seems to heat the pool in about 2 days (20x40, ig vinyl). I consider running it like an additional A/C unit, but who know what the bill would be this year.

We havent turned it on yet, the pool is open and balanced but only up to 70 deg. at this time.

When do you turn the heater on? Avg temps here in NJ are 70 during the day. It would be great to swim after sports next wkend. (calling for rain this wkend)

Thanks for any info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.