Cannot keep bubbles out

I suspect that with the weir in, it momentarily interrupts the flow of the water... would make sense.
I guessing from the pictures at the size of the basket/container.... A cross made of two interlinked pieces of plastic about a 1/4 of the depth of the basket spanning the diameter of the basket should prevent that from happening even with a missing weir. There are a few other designs that would work too.

Added the strainer to the skimmer...went to open the return valve all the way and heard the adapter I made sucking air. Had never heard this before. It is the adapter that attaches at the 1 1/4 pipe coming off the old pump. Also noticed that the adapter I made on the filter output is dripping. Back to square one. Is there an easy way to uncement pvc pipe. :( Looks like I got alot more work to do. Thank you everyone for the comments and suggestions. I will update when I get this completed.

wow... sorry to read that...
So you have maybe two issues the vortex and the leaking fittings.

There is no good way I've found to un-cement pvc... even if it does come apart, often the plastic is brittle and breaks.
Unless someone else has a better solution, your best bet is to cut as close to the joints as possible... this is one reason the "dry-fitting" step is so important.

When you start to redo the joints... one thing G.Pa always had me do at work site is take a fine emery cloth and scuff the inside of the fittings and the outside of the pipes just like you would do copper, then take a rag with rubbing alcohol (70% Isopropyl right off the pharmacy shelf... or sometimes you can find cheaper in the hardware store right next to the paint thinner, if you can find methanol it's better; however, wear gloves as it can make you sick if enough gets on your bare hands!) and wipe the pieces, let it all dry for 5 minutes, then follow the instructions on the cement. I tell you... I never had a bad joint!

wc

Well here is what I ended up doing. I cut out the adapter I was using to attach the plunder valve and got a 1 1/2"x1 1/4" rubber coupling and have absolutley no air leaks on the inlet side. Pump is running beautifully now. Only thing I have to do now is realign the return line as it is dripping right at the outlet. Thank you all for the advice.

Wes

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.