Installing AUTOPILOT SWG.. positioning?

Rich&VickiB

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2008
Lees Summit, Mo
Hi all! New members to forum but have observed as guests for some time. Excellent advice! We are installing an AUTOPILOT SWG. The instructions advise NOT to install unit upside down. We do have some clearance/room issues and wondering if the unit can be installed sideways (vertically) or, alternately, horizontally? Thanks!

No, you really want the manifold assembly to be in it's standard orientation. The SWG cell produces hydrogen gas and the manifold orientation helps prevent a hydrogen explosion. If it won't fit anywhere on your existing pipe you can always extend the pipe in some direction or another where you have the space and place the manifold there.

Thanks and a follow-up??

Thanks for the quick responses.
Sean we have to say your presence here on this forum played a BIG factor in our decision to go with the AUTOPILOT SWG. The installation instructions indicate that the control panel should be protected from the elements. Our panel will have to be mounted outside.. not exactly away from sun, rain, etc.. Any suggestions on some kind of box these things might fit in? Would a cover from a heavy canvas tarp suffice? For that matter, would it be beneficial to shield the manifold with something like canvas?
Thanks again,
Rich & Vicki B
Missouri

Hi
You shouldn't have to take any special precautions for mounting outside. In fact it's fairly important that you have an adequate space around your power supply for proper ventilation. Just make sure you're within reach of your cell and trisensor cords and protect against freezing if necessary.

Again.. thanks for the fast and informative feedback. I am an 'over-engineering' kind of guy and so I think I will protect the control box from the elements. The manifold just 'hangs out' there and am still wondering if a canvas-like tarp would be appropriate as a cover as I would like some protection. Any vent issues with a loose covering?

Manifold doesn't need cover at all. Power supply might need one because if there is heavy storm water can get through the vent holes. That is if your power supply is in place where rain can get to it.

Should you choose to cover manifold - anything will be fine, there isn't much heat generated and it's constantly cooled down by water anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.