Test results are in with my TF 100, experts?

AdrenalinPlease said:
21.5ppm fc no cc this morning

No CC doesn't = No problems; I've seen this myself. It isn't clear why (to me) but you can have Algae and not have CC's.

Since you started off with more than 22.5ppm last night, you'll need to keep going. In fact, looking at the info below; you haven't actually raised the levels enough to begin with.

jblizzle said:
Looks like your CYA is a little on the high side, but probably manageable. Everything else looks good ... except for you FC obviously.

I would recommend starting the shock process, realizing that your shock FC level is 28ppm for a CYA of 70ppm.

Get some more bleach in there and hang on... measure it as often as practical and keep the levels up to the shock level of 28ppm as much as you can manage.

UnderWaterVanya said:
No CC doesn't = No problems; I've seen this myself. It isn't clear why (to me) but you can have Algae and not have CC's.
Very true, just you do not have measurable CC level does not guarantee clean water. That is why there are 3 criteria in the shocking process. Most likely the CC is being oxidized (by the chlorine and sun) fast enough to not be at a significant level.

As UWV said, with a OCLT loss of >1 ppm, continue shocking.

AdrenalinPlease said:
I am assuming there is no swimming while this is all going on correct?
Not necessarily...it is sort of a personal preference. Our recommendation is if you FC level is below the shock level (for your cya level), and you can see the bottom, it is safe to swim. I also like the CC to be below 0.5 ppm since some forms can cause eye and skin irritation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.