Test results are in with my TF 100, experts?

You still need to replace half the water right? Not sure a foot is enough. Is your target 50ppm?

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As mentioned you need the current FC and CYA levels to determine how much to add. Use this chart from pool school to determine the right shock value. Then use the poolcalculator and input your pool size, type etc and determine the amount of 12.5% (or any other concentration) you need to add to get to the pool to the shock level. From that point just follow the directions in Pool School about how to shock your pool - remember it is not a one time event, it is a process that you follow: Shocking Your Pool

Don't forget, you can use the same CYA test mixture and move it back and forth between the squeeze bottle and tube as many times as you need to improve your accuracy. I normally fill the dot-tube and empty it back into the squeezey bottle three times when I am doing my CYA test.

AdrenalinPlease said:
Yeah, I still have trouble with it lol I can see the dot outline somewhat when I stop and then I feel my mind playing tricks on me.
My trick is to not stare at it too long or I will see the dot, my kids faces, and any other trick my mind wants to play on me.

With my back to the sun (but on a sunny day) holding the viewtube at waist level, I slowly fill the bottle till the dot disappears...once I get there, I don't stare at it more than a second...and I call that the number. If I am unsure, I transfer the fluid back to the squeeze bottle and do it again and see how repeatable I am.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.