need easy automation...for 1 or 2 valves

Jun 4, 2012
hey all,

i have a valve that switches from jets to a waterfall... i want to run the jets most of the day but kick the waterfall on automatically for some time each day... i can't run both at the sometime as i am now using a variable speed and looking to pump lower water volume...

so heres the question...whats a good inexpensive way to automate either 1 or 2 valves...but thats really it...my chlorinator is on autopilot..the variable speed is hayward and has its own controls...

the only other item that would be nice to automate is my lights that are the intellibrite...... this one i can control with whatever you recommend or can i simply put a lamp timer /relay on the switch in the house? i may do the intellibrite landscape lights to spice up the backyard....

the last item i have is a heater that has a simple on off switch...so if its recommended a automation i could possibly relay that switch or the power circuit to the heater??

whats the recommendations on what to get and how with my equipment without breaking the bank

Larry

The Pentair SunTouch system is affordable and will do everything you want and more, though it doesn't integrate with the Hayward pump especially well. The Hayward OnCommand is also a good choice, just slightly more expensive, and better integration with your pump.

i was just trying to read and decipher the differences...i guess this is what i would like to be able to do.....i think

i want 2 control 2 valves based on certain times of the days... and control 1 of the 2 by remote control if i want to...

tie my old gas heater into the system so that the if i want heat on...it forces the ecostar to a certain rpm..as low speed will not operate right with gas heater...i think... also be able to say heat on or off by remote control

lights 2 separate circuits on and off based on a timer... and also be able to turn them on and off by remote on demand.... i do have the pentair led lights.. i would like to be able to change the pattern if i want to...would be nice...

salt system will stay on autopilot as i just changed the cell..so i guess that is off the automation..

i don't have a spa integrated in the pool... so no spa type functions required...

i think that sums it all up....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.