New Here and New Owner..

Jun 30, 2012
Hey everyone,

The wife and I just bought a house with a 13,500 gallon in-ground pool. It is straight chlorine at the moment. The pool currently has a Hayward C9002 Star Clear Plus Filter and a Marathon Electric 1HP 3450 RPM Pump. The Pool was put in about 15 years ago and I assume the equipment is all original.

The filter cartridge for the Hayward def needs to be replaced so i am going to order one of those.

A friend owns a company that produces SWGs so I will have that next week to switch it over.

My question is with the amount of time that has passed, is there a better filtration system that I should switch to while I am changing it over to Salt, and also is there a more efficient pump system I should be looking at?

Thank you in advance,

Dan

Thank you, I was actually just looking at the variable speed pumps. They are not cheap, so I think you are right on if it is not broke don't fix it. However, if I wanted to look at them, what brand is recommended?

Also, beyond the recommended type of filter system I should be using, if you think I am okay sticking with the Hayward filter I have, is the 90 sq ft model I have large enough for my pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.