Finally Plumbed my AGP with PVC

Jun 2, 2012
It was not easy. Ran into some speed bumps, but it worked out good. I never worked with PVC before and it was a good learning experience.
Try finding the 2" to 1 1/2" sch 40 adapter that I needed at lowe's or home depot. No luck. Found it at a mom and pop shop in farm country.
Now trying to follow all NY guidelines is a problem.
I have to replace the power cord on the pump to a 3 foot cord, have an electrician install an outlet, move my aqua trol control panel closer to the pump so a 3 foot long pump cord can reach it. And of course bonding of the pool.
Pain in the Rear.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0507.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 264
That is a great job there!

I, too, like the double return jets there. I see you have the sand filter and then the SWG off of that. I need to do that with mine. My SWG is sitting off to the side until I can get some additional stones to sit it on after I installed my sand filter a few weeks ago.

My SWG is an Intex model with the attached paper filter system. I'm thinking I can remove the cartridge filter since I have the sand filter and then just have it run on schedule. Do you run the Sand and the SWG at the same time?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.