Rising CH and scaling? Help!

May 7, 2010
Dallas, TX
My CH was too high about a month ago so i backwashed to waste before a big rain and a little after to lower it. got t back around 350. now it is back to 460, and i haven't added and hardness. i did just add MA and bleach

Just finished test results
FC - 8
CC-0
PH 7.2
TC-8
TA - 45 (out of baking soda) usually stays pretty solid at 70
CH - 460
CYA - 50
Borates - 40

Any idea where it is coming from? Fill water is a Ch of 6.

Also seem to have a scaling issue maybe? PH was too high, and due to family illness i have been in and out of town alot more than expected and havent been able to keep up with it as much as i would like. Replastered march 2011. below pictures are kinda hard to see with the reflection but it looks like a grayish tone running down the sides. don't have a pic of it, but there is also large build up of white material under the rock overflow of the hottub

photo3ni.jpg

photo2zd.jpg

photo1xn.jpg

Welcome to the club.

What's your pH? That's the critical measurement. Aim low, like 7.4. I keep my pH 7.5 or below, TA is usually around 50, sometimes 60 after a fillup, and my scale is slowly melting away despite CH of 800 right now.

I water my lawn with pool water then refill. Each time, I lose about 3% CH, so it's not the most efficient method, but it doesn't waste any water.

Sorry PH is 7.2 right now. Usually try to keep it around 7.5, but reading it should be a little lower.

So I'm for 7.4 an keep TA a little lower than normal around 50 and it should slowly correct itself? So maybe refill once or twice a week maintain all levels at the "new standard" is the way to go?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.