Should I add chemical even if I don't have pump working?

iSmile

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2012
Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well, our pool moved out of our garage today! The installers began at 7:30 am and they had it done this afternoon. I had a load of water delivered to ensure the liner was wrinkle free, but the remaining 16000 or so gallons could not be poured in until this evening. A firefighter friend hooked his hose up to the little hydrant on our property, and we waited... And waited... And waited. Until almost dark, when we shut it down and will start up tomorrow. It looks like we are about 3/4 there. I had planned to adjust pH and add dichlor tonight per pool school, but obviously, my water isn't high enough to filter it. So should I bother? Is there any risk in doing so? The only thing I could think of is damage to the liner if it settles in one spot, but I was dissolving it first anyway. We won't be able to swim in it for 3 days, assuming we can stand the water temp by then, should that be the show-stopper. Thanks for the help!

Sorry, had not tested yet. Fill water test results:
FC = .5
pH = 7.8
TA = 270
CH = 300
CYA = <20 (it is actually 0, as I haven't added any)

Southeastern Indiana, USA
27' x 4' 17,600gal AG round
1.5 HP 1 speed pump
22" Ecco sand filter

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.