Sta-rite PLM100 filter losing pressure.

dpaden

Jun 29, 2012
I have a Sta-rite plm 100 that is 5 years old. The old filter was extremely dirty so I ordered a replacement. The new filter doesn't seem to sit quite right and I get absolutely no pressure or suction. My system runs great without the filter in, but as soon as I put the filter in I lose suction. I was told it might be dirty, but the old extremely dirty filter worked just fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. I can't find any information or diagrams on line that have been helpful. Local pool techs are stumped and I even called Pentair, the manufacturer and they have no clue. Thank you.

sorry for the delay replying, but we lost power Friday and just got it back. The replacement filter is correct. it seems that something in the filter housing may be slowing the water flow when we put the cartridge in it. The cartridge sits over the outlet and we seem to be getting a lot of water backing up there, but when we put the cartridge on, the water flow slows down. I just figured this out, then we lost power so I haven't been able to investigate this possibility.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.