how much bleach a day..???

Jun 19, 2012
I'm doing a half bottle of bleach a day... Is that normal? All my numbers (except chlorine) are good according to the pool calculator. My free chlorine is 1.5. Pool is clear.. Should I shock?

22x52 intex pool with swg and sand filter.

I have a pentair 78hr & chlorine pro rest kit. I test with both, just in case. I would like not to have to buy another one till these are used : )

#s from tonight's test

Total chlorine .5
FC .5
Ph 7.7
Ta 110
Ca 30-50
Water temp 90

my water is clear.
My chlorine is just always tests low- if your swg doesn't keep up, then you use bleach.
I'm running my swg 7 hrs a day
It's HOT here - upper 90s to 105 past 2 weeks.

Thanks

What is your CYA? Is that what you reported as CA?

If so that is too low. And if your SWG still does not keep up then you just have to run it longer.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Yes CYA is ca ... The pool calculator says 40 for my pool ... Maybe I'm reading or doing something wrong ??
Okay. I'll up the swg run time by a couple of hours and see if it can keep up.

Thanks.

What do you think my CYA/ca should be?
What and how much should I add?

Did you set at the bottom that you are using a SWG?

We recommend for SWG pools a CYA of around 70ppm.

That was one problem... : ) when my swg wasn't keeping up, I changed it to bleach to see how much to add. I hadn't changed it back. I have changed it back now and will add stabilizer tomorrow.

Tank you.

Yay! I have FC 5 - now -- I know that's still low, but at least it registering : ) I added the stabilizer via the sock method yesterday and have gone from .5 to 5.

My other #s
Ph 7.7
TA 120 (high)
cYA shows 80 - but I just put it in yesterday - so I'm paying no attention to this # for about a week?

Water temp 86

Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I hope the CYA does not go too much higher.

Once the FC gets stabilized you could start to try to lower the TA to help hold the pH down if you notice a constant rise. See article in pool school.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.