High Copper

Jun 29, 2012
What should I do to remove copper in pool? Mine is 3.8 PPM (not sure how it got that high, it wasn't like that at closing, and I didn't check metal at opening, guess I should have). I inspected my fingers on my DE filter and they are all nice and perfect so I'm not sure. Pool is vinyl and 30,000 gallons. I was recommended to either replace water, but with a pool my size that just isn't worth it, maybe at the end of the year, but not now, I wouldn't even be back up and running anytime soon, or to add Pool Breeze Metal Removing Agent, 60oz of it.

Any help from you guys since you know what you are doing?

Welcome to TFP.

The only reliable way to remove it is to drain the pool.

Since you're not willing to do that, you're next move is to add sequestrant. I'd get a Jacks sequestrant kit and use it.

If your fill water doesn't have copper then it most likely came from algaecides that's been used in the pool and since you say it wasn't there last closing it most likely came from whatever was put in it at closing.

I've never had to empty my pool before and would have no idea how to refill 30,000 gallons I only empty a few inches at the end of the year and fill it up at the start of the year and that takes hours. :(

So I have to get Jacks kit? I looked and it seemed like it was just a 70 dollar equipment testing kit, what do I need to help remove the copper, the testing kit that I saw would only help me read the levels.

With copper that high you'll have to constantly maintain a good level of sequestrant in order to keep the metals sequestered, and for that it's worth getting the kit. You'll also have to regularly add sequestrant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.