Autochlor SMC-30

maxos

Jun 29, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am a new member to the forum but I have been a regular visitor. I hope I am posting at the correct place.

I recently decided to get a SWG and after much reading I decided to go with SMC-30. The only problem was that I couldn't get it from any store here in the US and I decided to try my luck with online from saltcells.

It has been 3 weeks since I placed the order but they haven't shipped the product yet. They did charged my credit card even though they haven't ship anything. I tried to contact them and the only response I got is that they will forward my request to Autochlor Australia. I am not sure how Autochlor is related to saltcells but since there are a few posters here relate to Autochlor maybe they can provide some inside information.

Shall I be worried or is it to early yet? Anyone had a personal experience with saltcells and/or Autochlor before?

I just don't want to miss out the summer just because i decided to go with Autochlor SMC-30.

Thanks
Maxos

From the site:

"We also have items special made at our factory affiliate in Australia and can take up to a 30 day lead time."

Hi JohnT and thanks for the heads up.

Maybe Autochlor smc-30 is part of the "Special made" items then. Wouldn't be easier if they just put the warning on the item description instead of the main site? Other SWG brands sold on there site are also made in Australia.

And then again, is this a normal practice to charge the credit card for an item out of stock? They don't even provide an estimate or any excuses on the email.

I personally think that this site is destroying the reputation of Autochlor which i still believe would be an excellent product, that is if i managed to get it.

Could an Autochlor insider advise on time required for manufacturing a SMC-30 unit?

Just as a warning for the forum readers to stay away from this site. I will keep you updated.

Maxos

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.