New IG pool build start to finish!

I'm a little jealous now. At first, my wife and I wanted deck jets but then we saw some in person. They were the single stream kind and were really loud so we elected not to get them.

Yours look very nice and from your description have the sound we wanted. At least we have the waterfall to make some noise.

So where have I been some may ask. Some may think....getting a nice tan, losing weight, sipping margaritas by the pool.....nope..well the tan part is right. My summer started out nicely with my new pool. But went south quickly. I went from having a pretty new pool to after 4 short weeks having a nightmare.

Well it all started when I saw leaks coming from my jets on the pool corners. I told the PB and he came out after a few days and changed something...what I'm not sure. Then he told me it was fixed and left. After he left my slide never worked the same. The water used to come out at speed 2 but after he left it needed to be on 4. The pump can hardly run the jets and the slide now at 4 which before it did fine on 3. He says I'm imagining things.....ok :roll:

So then I'm finding it hard to hold water, putting in about 4 inches a week but the bucket is only losing 1 inch what's up? I'm thinking leak. So then one day I go out and see a monster crack in my deck. The same day I notice the deep end concrete move under my kids feet. Do some inspection and realize there is NO DIRT under the concrete it has washed all away. What the :rant: :rant: :rant:

So it continues...more cracks 2 weeks of calling the pb with him not coming out. He finallly comes out and says he can't find a leak. So he calls a leak detection company...needless to say 275$ of my money later and no liner tear or plumbing leak found except for the fountains on the exterior guts. It seems the fountains on the end are on a low spot and the water just spills out over the top of the fountain and does the coffee pour effect down the concrete and right under to wash out the dirt. Of course when we backfilled the pb told me to use a certain amount of sand (which I shouldn't have listened) and that washes much easier.

Now I am stuck with loads of cracks and fixing everything myself because my PB doesn't seem to want to come out or show up to fix the valve issue. NICE! What a nightmare. Now instead of being relaxed when I go out to use my pool, I feel sick and want to vomit thinking about all the work I have left to do to fix it. Not only that but I can't get my automation system to work right because it was wired wrong and I still have to figure out why I can't get my slide working at a lower speed. While I'm here I thought I'd ask a couple of tech questions.

With this much water loss that I've had is it normal for my salt level to be low because I had to refill so many times? I'm thinking yes but just want to be sure.
Is it normal with a new liner pool to start to develop craters under your liner where the vermiculite has disappeared? In numerous places.
What should I worry about with those craters forming?
To fix the cement issue I am pouring systematic collars under the concrete in many different spots. Does that seem feasible?

All right all sorry for the rant. I do in fact still love my pool just not the headaches the PB gave me with it! Sorry if this post gave you a :hammer:

Whoozer, I can't offer any tech help, only my empathy. Believe me, I can relate. Still dealing with 6 or 7 issues with ours. Keep on the PB is all I can advise. Call him so much he'll want to fix it just to get you off his back. That's my strategy next week after being patient and only leaving one message last week! The squeaky wheel....

To me this is very clearly a PB workmanship issue and should be covered under warranty. Did he provide you with a writen warranty? Can you post some pictures of the problem areas?

I certainly hope you get this sorted out without having to resort to the legal system.

I am sorry to hear of your troubles!!!! It is your POOL BUILDERS RESPONSIBILITY!!! Call and firmly insist that they attend to the problems. If your PB is inattentive then you might want to remind them that the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and local newspaper might be the next call you make. Please post pics and keep us posted.

Currently I have the valve manually shut down so there isn't any leaking. As soon as they are turned on the leak comes back.

I have poured a systematic number of collars under the concrete and it seems to have held the it from cracking further. I'm still pouring collars as I feel like its better safe then sorry. Unfortunately I think the only way to completely hide the cracks is to eventually get a spray deck to hide them. Maybe next year. Luckily I caught the cracks in time before they broke and settled. It just cracked flush so it should hide with spray deck fine.

As for my pb. He won't return my calls and is trying to say it is pentairs responsibility to cover this under their warranty as it is a faulty valve of theirs. Yeah right! At most they will replace the valve...their not going to do anything else. His claim is it wasn't his workmenship that caused the issue so it isn't covered under his warranty. What a joke!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.