New IG pool build start to finish!

whoozer,

progress looks good! I mean from reading through your thread, it seems like right now that ANY progress is good right?? Escept for more rain,,,,huh? Stay on that pb and keep 'em moving.

I hate to get off topic to much on your thread, but I wanted to ask a couple of questions if I may since you have been where we are maybe not so long ago. I see you steel sides, was that by choice? If so what benefits did you see over the polymer walls, if any? Were you able to say where your steps were placed? Or did you get a choice of here, or here? How far away from the side of the pool does the steps stick out? We are trying to decide on how far away from the patio we need to plan for.

Anyways, I won't keep goin here, and again, sorry about the off topic questions in your thread. If you wouldn't mind taking a look at my thread, http://www.troublefreepool.com/about6209.html , I would love to have some of your insight added to my collection from here at TFP.....

Thanks....

DMAN

I went with the standard walls cuz for the info I read the verdict was still out. Also this pool is another temporary for me. I will be moving in roughly 5-7 years so cost was a huge issue for me. Not a lot of point sinking a lot of $ into a pool if I'll only be here that long. The steps are around 4 ft total from inside to out. Yes I got to choose where I wanted the steps. I put mine on the side to maximize my decking in the front of the pool.

Oh my aching back....raking grading and more raking. (sure do wish the grading was in my contract but I guess I saved a small fortune)

Well we are at our settling stand still right now. We are waiting for the new ground around the pool to settle and then we will pour the deck. I know some people would just go for it but I want to minimize cracking in my decking although I'm sure there will be some. So we are watering, compacting and waiting :roll:

So until we get concrete no big progress here..guess I have to resort to cold showers to get away from the 97 degree weather this week. :(

So it's been two weeks that seemed like 6 months with the weather at 100 almost everyday. Next Wednesday we have scheduled concrete :lol: Woohooo! My husband and I have to spend all weekend working on compacting and grading but it will be worth it! Over two weeks we have been gradually tamping around our pool to get it to settle. we don't want to have issues with decking cracking majorly because we brought in alot of fill. Hopefully we'll be swimming in a couple of weeks :party:

Hang in there! I hope it settles soon!!! Cold showers aren't the same as a cool pool! :colors:

Well wouldn't you know. My ground is ready but my pb is not! He subs out the concrete which I'm sure is normal. They called him to say they were rescheduling forms for Thursday and concrete on Friday. Here is a pick of my pool waiting for concrete :cry:

Attachments

• pool150001.jpg
    pool150001.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 649
  • pool140001.jpg
    pool140001.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 651
VM- Funny you asked that because I was just thinking the other day how am I going to handle the kids picking on the little dog by pushing her down the slide all the time :p I won't be surprised at all! The Lab however I'm sure will try to go down on her own free will. She's crazy! We've found her in some pretty weird situations already and she's only 8 months old.

Tag- Yes we are surrounded by trees..can't see anyone or anything from our house. We LOVE it. It's great for "night swimming". :goodjob:

As far as progress goes I'm trying to be patient. It is hard with 103 degree days and no way to escape. I haven't been mean to the pb or anything..he's actually been pretty good thus far..so I can't really complain. We are getting there. Who knows next week we might be filling if we're lucky :-D

So delays..delays..delays :roll: Last week we were supposed to get concrete...NOT! First it was Wed. then Thursday then Friday. No go. They came today and formed it, that's all. Now we are getting our first rain (which we need) in weeks but now I'm worried they won't want to pour tomorrow. Am I right? I'm guessing yes. Well I leave for vacation around July 10th at this rate we will have water the day before we go :rant:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So we got concrete :party: :party: :whoot: :whoot: Supposed to get pool bottom Thursday and liner Friday....we'll see! :hammer:

SORRY no pics can't get TFP website to let me upload pics anymore :( I don't have any kind of photo bucket or anything yet.

To be honest Steve...I'm not really sure. I think they start using a partial fill at some point for the liner but honestly I could be dead wrong. I'm thinking next week as the plumbing still needs work. So I'll probably fill slow when the liner does go in. Honestly I'm just so excited to get the darn clay out of my back yard. We've been living with red dogs and kids for far too long now :?

So bad news today :( :( :( My pb has "strapped" himself out and now he isn't going to finish this week. I'm getting tired of dealing with this that is for sure.

How is it my fault he took on too much work! That's what I get going with a small company...lessoned learned! Weather hasn't been an issue once! He had 2+ weeks while our ground settled to get his act together and clear his schedule to get my pool done :rant:

Sorry I'm ranting but I leave in less than 13 days to go on vacation for 10 days and this thing needs to be finished before I go. You get to the point you just want these people gone so you can go back to walking around in your underwear without being horrified some strangers saw you through the window. Is that sooo much to ask? :wink:

whoozer said:
To be honest Steve...I'm not really sure. I think they start using a partial fill at some point for the liner but honestly I could be dead wrong. I'm thinking next week as the plumbing still needs work. So I'll probably fill slow when the liner does go in. Honestly I'm just so excited to get the darn clay out of my back yard. We've been living with red dogs and kids for far too long now :?

With our liner pool they filled as soon as the liner went in. From my understanding it is not good to have aa liner with no water - causes a lot of problems.

What we did is got a permit from the county, rented fireman's hoses from Sunbelt and tapped a fire hydrant. Pool filled in three hours. It was awesome!

When we replaced the liner we dropped the hose - it took three days to fill.

So the pool floor went in :goodjob: Yeeha!!!! Then today the liner went in now we are filling. We have a few "issues" to iron out but it is getting there.

We still have plumbing to do tomorrow.

I now have to come up with a paver configuration by the slide because someone miscalculated the cement by the slide. Oh well. I will have to decide if I want to do that or pour a small area by the slide for room to manuever around, just a small 6x6 area. That's why I may just do pavers now cuz next year I'm doing my walkway and they can fix it then. Oh well. It's been said..it's never really done is it?

So it should be ready to swim by Thursday...just really cold!

Here are pics of the bottom. I'll post vinyl pics later. :-D

Attachments

• pool200001.jpg
    pool200001.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 297
  • pool210001.jpg
    pool210001.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 299
I can almost see the water in your pool! :mrgreen:

I can't wait to see the liner! :goodjob:

The water is in!!! :punkrock: :party: :cheers: :whoot: So water started going in Tuesday night. It is now finished Wednesday night. Yeehaw. So we still have a few things to do to be "technically done".

PB comes back tomorrow to finish it up. The slide needs to be plumbed, water jets finished off, automation system finished. The light needs to be wired (pb gave me a free color wheel light for being so patient...cool bonus). So we should rap up the technical side of things.

That just leaves fencing, pavers,raised planter and other misc landscaping. It will be a work in progress all summer :hammer: But hey at least when we are hot we can take a dip :-D

Attachments

• pool230001.jpg
    pool230001.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 224
  • pool240001.jpg
    pool240001.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 225

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.