Cheap and easy aerator to lower T/A (but slow going!)

Bart

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
I needed to lower my T/A but didn't have adjustable return jets that I could point up toward the surface. Someone in here suggested that if I had a spigot attached somewhere along my pump/filter lines I could use that. As luck would have it, I did have a spigot in place and I set up a low budget aerator. Here it is in all of its glory:

TAlowering.jpg

I just cracked the valve on the hose open a bit to blast a fine mist out over the pool.

It's hardly a quick process, but my T/A is coming down:

Date.....T/A

5-13.......210
6-3........180
6-10......170
6-17.....160
6-23.....140

Just a little FYI for anyone out there with a similar problem.

Once I finally get our pool up and hard plumbed I'm planning on using an old shower head we have laying around for aerating and water feature duty. It's one of the adjustable type with pulse and different sprays. It had started leaking and the DW bought a new one. After I replaced it I found what was wrong with it and it should work as good as new. If not we still have the original shower head that was never installed when we built the house, it just doesn't have all the fancy features. I've seen several threads about drilling pvc to create water features, but decided not to reinvent the wheel.

msgtdan said:
I've seen several threads about drilling pvc to create water features, but decided not to reinvent the wheel.

Yeah, I saw them too and probably would have gone that route, except I don't have any threads on my return lines, just smooth pipe. I couldn't figure out an easy and effective way to attach anything onto the return so I went the hose route.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.