K-Mart Sale

jlhaz

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2007
Hey Everyone,

Just passing along this info:

I went to K-Mart today to buy bleach. Their generic brand (96oz + 33% free = 128oz) for $1.49. They also had Borax on sale 3 for $9. They only had 2 boxes left and I could only reach one :(

WOAH, i would love it if i could get the rest of the family to go along with BBB, i just paid 70 bucks for a bucket of tablets. that are gunna last me maybe 2 weeks.

^^ get them to read this site...my brother is also doing the same thing, tells me that bleach is bad for the pool and that the pool store is the only way to take care of a pool. :roll: I was with him on saturday where he spent $100 for that month's supply of chemicals, thats him getting the chlorine at a buy 2 get 1 free price...came out to ~$1.70/lb, then he bought acid for $6.50 a gal :shock:

Oh wow...sorry I thought that was a good price :)

I've never brought Borax until yesterday so I had no idea.

I'm getting used to the BBB method...the pool seems to be clearing up, the water is crystal clear now but the chlorine level is low again. There is some sand and other "stuff" (maybe algae) on the bottom that i'm trying to get up with my Pool Buster but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm going to keep trying though to make sure the pool is as clean as possible!

jlhaz said:
Oh wow...sorry I thought that was a good price :)

I've never brought Borax until yesterday so I had no idea.

That's one of the GREAT things about this forum..buy sharing info with each other we help each other save money...and with todays's ecomony that is a very good thing! :-D

I'm getting used to the BBB method...the pool seems to be clearing up, the water is crystal clear now but the chlorine level is low again. There is some sand and other "stuff" (maybe algae) on the bottom that i'm trying to get up with my Pool Buster but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm going to keep trying though to make sure the pool is as clean as possible!

Post a full set of test results and we can help you! :wink:

Thanks...I will as soon as I get my "real" test kit :)

I think I have some algae trying to grow. I have some greyish looking dust in the bottom. Overnight my chlorine seems to drop to almost 0 so i've been brushing and bringing the chlorine up to at least 15-20 and running the filter all day & night.

When the real test kit gets here, I'll post numbers from it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.