Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: K-Mart Sale

1. Back To Top    #1

K-Mart Sale

Hey Everyone,

Just passing along this info:

I went to K-Mart today to buy bleach. Their generic brand (96oz + 33% free = 128oz) for $1.49. They also had Borax on sale 3 for $9. They only had 2 boxes left and I could only reach one
    14,000 Gal. IG Plaster
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter W/ 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward Pool Vav Ultra

2. Back To Top    #2
    Borax costs me $2.89/box at Walmart!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Here at our Wal Mart Borax is $2.59/box.
    ~39,000 gallon True L, 43x28x18, Steel Wall, Vinyl Liner; 2 skimmers, 2 bottom drains, 3 returns, 1 dedicated cleaner line with Polaris booster pump; Polaris 280
    Hayward Pro Series 300 pound Sand Filter, Hayward Heat Pump 116K BTU
    2 Hayward Colorlogic LED Lights; Diving Board, X-Stream Slide, 3 Polaris Mini Jets; Step and Leisure Bench in deep end (SwimOut)
    Aqua Rite SWCG with Aqua Plus Automation and Controls (Goldline); Aqua Pod Remote for Controls and Aqua Logic Base Station

4. Back To Top    #4
    WOAH, i would love it if i could get the rest of the family to go along with BBB, i just paid 70 bucks for a bucket of tablets. that are gunna last me maybe 2 weeks.

5. Back To Top    #5
    ^^ get them to read this site...my brother is also doing the same thing, tells me that bleach is bad for the pool and that the pool store is the only way to take care of a pool. I was with him on saturday where he spent $100 for that month's supply of chemicals, thats him getting the chlorine at a buy 2 get 1 free price...came out to ~$1.70/lb, then he bought acid for $6.50 a gal
    30,000gal In-ground Gunite Pool DE filter
    Polaris 380 APC

BBB method all the way - Newb, like to absorb info and chatter, but take the experts' advise

6. Back To Top    #6
    Oh wow...sorry I thought that was a good price

I've never brought Borax until yesterday so I had no idea.

I'm getting used to the BBB method...the pool seems to be clearing up, the water is crystal clear now but the chlorine level is low again. There is some sand and other "stuff" (maybe algae) on the bottom that i'm trying to get up with my Pool Buster but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm going to keep trying though to make sure the pool is as clean as possible!
    14,000 Gal. IG Plaster
    Hayward Pool Vav Ultra

7. Back To Top    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhaz
    Oh wow...sorry I thought that was a good price

I've never brought Borax until yesterday so I had no idea.

That's one of the GREAT things about this forum..buy sharing info with each other we help each other save money...and with todays's ecomony that is a very good thing!

I'm getting used to the BBB method...the pool seems to be clearing up, the water is crystal clear now but the chlorine level is low again. There is some sand and other "stuff" (maybe algae) on the bottom that i'm trying to get up with my Pool Buster but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm going to keep trying though to make sure the pool is as clean as possible!
    Post a full set of test results and we can help you!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Thanks...I will as soon as I get my "real" test kit

I think I have some algae trying to grow. I have some greyish looking dust in the bottom. Overnight my chlorine seems to drop to almost 0 so i've been brushing and bringing the chlorine up to at least 15-20 and running the filter all day & night.

When the real test kit gets here, I'll post numbers from it.
    14,000 Gal. IG Plaster
    Hayward Pool Vav Ultra