my pump got half submerged and tripped the circuit

Jun 2, 2012
we got a massive rain and because our pool is still under construction the pump and filter are down in a area that ended up flooding and the pump was half submerged when it tripped the circuit. is it gonna be ok?

Hard to say. they are certainly not meant to get that wet. Can you make them replace itas you have not taken delivery of the completed pool?

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

If you have not completed construction, the builder still owns it and it is his responsibility. That is my understanding. Just don't accept the equipment or make final payment until you are satisfied.

pumps are amazing, but in your circumstance I would try to get a new one. I have a pump under my pool house running my pond and it was completely submerged with power off. I wan't home at the time, otherwise I would have removed it and taken it apart and ran a VERY HIGH POWERED fan on it for hours. They just untripped the breaker and it's running like it never happened since then. Now that's lucky!!!

Hurricane Floyd flooded my equipment pit and killed power to the sump pump while I was away. The Hayward pump motor was probably under water for two days. It was never under power when it was wet because the water only rose when the power went out (I assume this was the case--that sump pump had done its job through floods and hurricanes for 20 years.) The Hayward ran once I dried it out with a box fan for 24 hours, but it died in the middle of the following season.

I'd insist on a new pump. I doubt there is much difference between two days and two minutes.

I had not noticed this before, you said it tripped the circuit. This means something was under load when it blew the circuit and something likely "died" in the process to shorting. I would have them replace it in your yard and their insurance can cover it.

This is what I expect a reputable construction contractor to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.