Lost Water From Pool When Using Polaris 280

Jun 28, 2012
First time pool owner here and here is my problem:

This Monday was the first time I used a Polaris 280 to clean my pool. When I turned on the Polaris booster pump, the water was above skimmer line. After running the Polaris for a while(not sure how long), water went down below skimmer and the booster pump was automatically turned off.

I put water back to the pool and turned on the Polaris. It happened again and water was below skimmer! I have a big pool and it takes me about an hour to drain 1 inch of water from the pool so I don't think it's evaporation. I looked the area around the booster pump and the main pump and couldn't find any trace of water. And I didn't have the same problem running the filtration with main pump on and the booster pump off.

Does anyone have an idea about what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks a lot!
Vince

JohnT said:
Any chance it's the tail spraying water into your yard? They are known for that when misadjusted.

Thanks for the reply. But that is not possible since we are talking about an enormous amount of water here. If water was sprayed into back yard, I would sure notice.

Maybe a cracked pipe on the pressure line to the cleaner? Would have to not leak much when not under pressure.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

Pressure side pool cleaner leaks are pretty common. And yes the line is underground. A pressure test will usually confirm the leak, however locating it and fixing it can be difficult. Unless you're pretty sure what to do, it's probably time to call in a pro :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.