Snowcones anyone?

YippeeSkippy said:
Not me. My new Margarita machine provides both adult beverages and plain shaved ice if I so desire. I figure if I get some syrup or juices to pour over the shaved ice the kids will love it.

I was going to post the same thing ;)

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

I bought one 4-5 years ago as a Valentine's Day gift for my wife (she loves them but rarely gets one). It looks like this one

snowconemachine.jpg

The ice is makes is not quite "shaved" but it is also not like just finely chopped up ice either. I've found that if i feed it ice that was frozen in a bowl, it makes the best "shaved" ice, regular ice cubes make it more ice-y...
Anyways I get flavor from http://www.hawaiianshavedice.com/

How is the ice from ya'lls various fancy blenders? I don't have a fancy blender and tried to make a pina colada the other day and get ****** at my crappy blender so i had to break out the snowcone machine, not ideal.

harleysilo said:
Jules said:
Suziqzer said:
My Ninja will shave ice :)

You just saved me $300! We were going to buy a shaved ice machine, I had no idea my Ninja would shave ice! I tried it after I read this and holy cow I am amazed! Now all I need are the syrups :)
How was the ice?!? Can someone take a pic and post it?

It was fine, like snow. I'll make some more and add a pic.

I had seen it done on infomercials when they first started selling it. When I got mine a few months ago, the first thing I did was put some ice in it to see what it would do. You could use Kool-Aid for syrups and maybe not add the full amount of water... I think the bought syrups are too sweet anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We got the ninja last year. That thing is awesome. From making fresh fruit and vegetable smoothies to pizza dough to any kind of adult beverage you can think of. It does it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinks for the picture, i'll take your word that it is like snow cause it looks like little tiny granuals of ice in the picture.

So these ninja's ya'll have appear to be right around $100 for just the blender with the ability to purchase some other attachments, is that correct?

I bought the ninja kitchen system. I think we got it at be bath and beyond for 160 plus you can google 20% off coupon and use it on a single item so around $130. It came with the pitcher and the smaller pitcher With all the attachments for dough an whipping like 5 total. It is so much more than a blender though. Well worth the $

I'm surprised (since I don't own a Ninja and thought they were just cheapy "as seen on television" things) but on checking the Consumer Reports ratings, the $60 Ninja Master Prep Professional QB1004 is rated immediately below a Vita Mix. And those things are super powerful as well as super expensive!

So if you're looking for a blender- CR says its a good one!

They are good machines. I have used a vita mix and both have their quirks. at $100 more or less depending on which one you get it is well worth it over a $400 to you name the price vita mix machine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.