Ecostar vs tristar

kyle11

May 17, 2012
I purchased a tristar 2hp 2speed pump from royal pools and they sent me the wrong pump. Well since I had to send it back I inquired about upgrading it to the Ecostar 2hp variable speed pump. They will let me upgrade for $295. I will be installing a 36x16 Grecian 19k gallons 3 returns 6 spa jets in cozy cove 2 in steps and 4 deck jets. Price for electric is approximately 12 cents. I know you all say .20 cents is where you start seeing savings but at $295 I think this would be worth it. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cost of the Ecostar is not $300 it is $300 + what you paid for the other pump.

It will certainly allow you the flexibility to set flow rates for your spa jets. Although once you find the setting you like, you will not likely have to mess with the speeds again. You will also be able to run your pump on the lowest required speeds saving yourself some $ on electricity .. just hard to know how long it will really take to save that $300 back.

On another note, it should just hook into your Aqua plus pretty easily (I think).

Yeah I know what you mean. I am already out the other money so I am not equating it into this situation since I have to have a pump no mater what and it was bought in a kit so I really don't know what I paid for it. I know I have a lot of jets and probably 75% of the time I will not need a high flow rate. Also like how I will be able to program the aqua plus to operate the Eco by percentages instead of high and low. I fugues if I can save $10 a month I would be happy just to have the flexibility it brings. Guess I have my mind made up just looking for conformations with my situation I will actually be saving something.

That is actually at great price so I would go for it. You should be able to make back the extra cost even with your electrical rates, it just takes a little longer.

Thanks for your replies. I think this is to good of a deal to pass up at a $295 up charge. Even if it takes 3 years to save the $300 over the tristar the convince the Ecostar brings will be worth it.

Yeah I thought so also. At 1st they wanted close to $500 but after talking a few times they came down to $295. I figure I paid $300 or so for the standard pump in the kit. Paid $200 up charge to the tristar 2 speed so will have about $800 in the Ecostar total in a new pool build. Royal swimming pools made the mistake of sending the wrong pump but also made up for it with a discounted upgrade on the Ecostar. They have been a pleasure to work with so far.

Whoop whoop

[attachment=0:2pu6f35k]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341351008.915559.jpg[/attachment:2pu6f35k]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341351008.915559.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341351008.915559.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 162
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.