Preformed pool cove for intex ultra frame?

9Jack9

Jun 28, 2012
Hello, all. I am getting ready to put up my first pool, which is a 16' Intex Ultra Frame. I am considering going the extruded polystyrene foam boards under it (instead of sand) and was looking into the preformed pool coves, but from looking at the coves, I am not sure it will work with the pool. It looks to me that the pool cave fits over pool frame at the bottom of pool, and the Intex pool does not seem to have a bottom frame. Am I missing something or are the two not compatible?

Pool is still currently in the box, so I am basing my information on the installation dvd that came with. Thanks for any and all help. Any suggestions top my plans highly appreciated. Thanks. :-D

images

Preformed pool cove is only used in a steel walled above ground pool. It keeps the liner from creeping under the wall and makes for a softer transition for the liner.

Here is a photo with the parts in the correct places. An Intex pool is a simply big sack of water held up by a steel frame. You should only need a flat place, pavers for under the legs and the sand or foam to make it softer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.