Great Escape 12.5% bleach $2.50 a gallon

Wow. That sounds like a pretty good deal .... assuming it is not old and been stored out in the sun. Just keep in mind the 12% looses its strength faster than the 6% bleach ... so it if is fresh product, that is great.

Alaska Mike said:
They are selling it for less than it costs them. Better ask yourself why they would do that......
If you look at this thread you will find that 12.5% chlorinating liquid is sometimes found at below $2.50 per gallon, though usually sold in carboy quantities. With more usual $3-4 per gallon retail pricing and usual margins, $2.50 per gallon is certainly not below cost though it is a good price at presumably lower margins for the seller. Remember that a $2.50 "cost" for a $3.50 "retail" is a 29% margin and margins on chlorinating liquid are usually higher than that.

Im sure they are making money, Im assuming its fine as I have not had any difference in my daily chlorine drop off since using they 12.5% The manager at the store says they go thru a pallet a day, so I am assuming the stock gets rotated quickly. Either way I am happy at the price and so far with the way its working.

Great escape and American sales are the two major players in the Chicagoland area, maybe elsewhere also?
Regardless both sell the gallons of 12.5 for 2.50 during the swimming season to attract customers.
They are not selling them at a loss, just smart sales tactics. I know one of the managers from the Merrillville store.
Most people go in for chlorine and walk out with a bunch of other chemicals and pool toys along with the case of chlorine.

I get mine at the Great Escape in Batavia too- I know its fine because My chlorine tests after adding are always at the expected levels-They have been selling it at that price for a long time-and get new shipments frequently.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.