Questions with Install Tuesday ~ pix attached

DKT113

Jun 28, 2012
Butler, PA
Hi we had a 27' x 52" agp installed Tuesday (holy stress, batman!)
Now I am unsure how to proceed.

We excavated and it left a high side. Installer said no retaining wall needed as it's less than 2'
He left me a 1' 1/2" walkway around and said to fill in on the high side and gradually slope it down to where it meets level ground.
He left dirt so I didn't have to haul it from the huge pile. How best to proceed?

Install62512.jpg

Install262512.jpg

I like the idea of having a walk-way around the whole pool until I am able to deck it (next year)

I do have gravel coming and have a lot of dirt that I could work on that slope a bit.

If anyone could offer suggestions I would appreciate it.

It should be noted, the warranty & book on pool was burnt in error so I am awaiting replacements tomorrow afternoon.

Well I am just "winging" it. I am actually using a mattock and just knocking it back ~ it was freshly excavated so I figured now or never and I have 6 ton of gravel coming so I am going to french drain it and roll on. I have a real nice grade going and will continue it tomorrow.

Still open for suggestions if anyone has them ~ especially with the french draining. I will get a sleeve for the drain tile ~ I do at least know that much so I figure that's a start.

I didn't see a question either. Did the installer mean he thought you were going half bury the pool on the high side and taper it to the low side or did he mean to taper the ledge towards the high side and then you would add the French drain around the back. Both seem like options to me. Lots of people bury their AGP steel walled pools but some pools or areas require a slurry if you go more than two feet up the wall.

I was just wondering what someone with experience with an agp (I have only had an in-ground in the past) would do with the high side. I was truly stumped how to handle it and wasn't real comfortable filling it in.
Tapering seems to be working just fine and if I get some landscaping going it's going to look pretty. Spoke with my neighbor about it and he has said he wished he had done the same thing (managing the high side and adding a french drain) so he feels I am doing with it what I should.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.