This mornings test results are:
FC 6-1/2
CC 1/2
TC 7-1/2
PH darker than 7.5 but not as dark as 7.8---so 7.6/7.7 ish
TA 100
CH 400
CYA 30

This is a 20 x 40 vinyl with a deep end, sand filter. The pool is still clearing, can see the bottom but the water is still a little cloudy in the deep end.

The CH is a high, anything to worry about? Should the PH be brought down?

I am using the test kit from Dave at TFTestkit, what is that called the T-100?
I used up the last of Cal Hypo to start shocking then switched to bleach. Shocked for 28 days at 13+ (with CYA between 25-30) dropped off the shocking last week. I think the cloudy water is from pollen and dust/debris blowing into the pool.
I never thought to check the fill water for CH, I know I put a lot of calcium in the water using about 25-30 lbs of Cal Hypo when I started the shocking process. It was 440 and down due to refilling after backwashing a number of times.

It is very difficult to follow your history and past actions when you don't keep your posts under one thread. Many of us answer many, many posts so we can't remember your past history.

I will go back and re-read your actions from your other thread (s?) to this point later this afternoon.

Post your FC and CC readings in decimal form...(6.5ppm .5ppm..)not in fractions

duraleigh said:
It is very difficult to follow your history and past actions when you don't keep your posts under one thread. Many of us answer many, many posts so we can't remember your past history.

I will go back and re-read your actions from your other thread (s?) to this point later this afternoon.

Post your FC and CC readings in decimal form...(6.5ppm .5ppm..)not in fractions

If it would be easier, i will delete this thread and add it to the one regarding shocking and algae control; to keep everything in the same place

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.