How much my pool cost

May 31, 2012
Hi,

I am thinking to sell my above pool with a reasonable price. I don't know how old the pool is, i bought the house 3 years ago and i don't know when the previous owner installed it.

Info:

*30ft above ground (don't know how depth)
*hayward pool pumps installed last year for $150
*ladder
* hayward heater
* sand filter
*water slider similar to (http://www.poolcenter.com/pool-slides-i ... rslide.htm )

The liner is in working condition however there are some patch and there are some bleach spots.

i am thinking 2k? is this too much?

Thanks,

If you were to put it on Craig's List for $800 and I had the room and $800... I would snag it up. Used pools go fast and cheap online.

There is a woman in my area looking to sale her 21' above ground pool for $2,300. It's been on Craig's List for a long time and is 2 years old. I could buy a brand new one, never installed and a lil deck for that amount of money. It's just not worth it!

Besides, with the fact that you have no idea how old the pool is, dismantling the pool could bring up issues of replacing parts due to age alone. Older pools just aren't worth what they are brand new and it's one reason why ppl turn to Craig's List to take their chances on buying 2nd hand pools for cheap! Would I buy one on CL? Yes but it has to be what I am looking for, the condition of the pool and if the price is right. Anything under $1,000 for that size could be a good deal. I'd look past it if it were advertized for more than $1,000. JMO.

I would guess your pump and ladder and slide individually are worth more than an old Above ground steel walled pool with a patched liner. If someone were to buy your pool, they are going to need to sped at least another $300 getting a liner and other items required to set it up.

I received a lots email with interest; especially with the slide and the ladder but most of them don't know what they getting into until they see it...Another interest ask me if the deck come with it... lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.