Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Here is the portion of our backyard in question BEFORE:

IMG_1945.jpg

Of course I knew an AG pool was the fast way to go, but I just bought the pool Friday night, in the middle of pool season. Over the weekend, we marked the spot:

IMG_1949.jpg

I expected to have to wait, but it was delivered Monday morning. Here is our pool :-D :

IMG_1947.jpg

At 8:00 Monday night the installers were calling to schedule. I found myself ill-prepared. :? They wanted to send the excavator Wednesday (today), so I needed the 6 tons of masonry sand here and waiting. That left me Tuesday to find a deliverer AND find the sand (not available locally) AND get it here. By some miracle, we had the sand delivered this morning, and the excavator here before noon:

IMG_1951.jpg

Now our yard is ready for the installers on FRIDAY!!! My boys are SO excited. I love how this one shows how BIG it will be :whoot:

IMG_1956.jpg

Now I need to shop for the items on my list for the electric. Electrician is beginning his work tomorrow, but it will take a couple days, since we are going almost 60' with it. The big challenge at this point is the WATER!!! We are experiencing a drought here, and everyone is running out! The one local water guy is maxxed out. We have a cistern ourselves, so I am not able to use ours to fill this beast. All the water guy can promise me is a single load (about 1000 gal) Friday during installation. Will it be okay til he can get back to me next week?! worried.

The big challenge at this point is the WATER!!! We are experiencing a drought here, and everyone is running out! The one local water guy is maxxed out. We have a cistern ourselves, so I am not able to use ours to fill this beast. All the water guy can promise me is a single load (about 1000 gal) Friday during installation. Will it be okay til he can get back to me next week?! worried.
That sure doesn't sound like much water......I am sure those that know will be along to comment.

Oh, I know it's hardly any... Less than 1/17 of what we need LOL! But I think that will get the installers out of here. They have to have some in it to finish up the liner. I am concerned about the integrity of the structure without water for a number of days. I'm trying to exhaust all avenues before postponing installation (and Lord knows how long we might have to wait on their next available day), including hearing from any experts on here as to whether I should even worry or how long anyone would reasonably wait. I am also waiting to hear back from a member of our local (volunteer) fire dept. to see if they would bring water. Fingers are crossed!

Meanwhile, the latest updates include the arrival of our TF-100 (woohoo!) and the setback on our electric. Our breaker box is full! Tomorrow's to-do list includes finding out whether we can come off a nearby outdoor plug, assuming we change it to the ground breaker kind.

Meanwhile, my TF-100 arrived and I was dying to test some water! I didn't though, since my water was not the same as the fill water

IMG_1957.jpg

liner

I was surprised by the size of that thing laid out in the yard but didn't get a pic. They did get some sand on top of it.

IMG_1961.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
load of water to set the liner

The water guy brought a double load, so we started out with a couple thousand gallons, rather than the grand previously discussed.

IMG_1964.jpg

We then waited on our fire fighter friends to arrive. LOOK OUT! A huge wind storm ripped through, and I watched our new empty pool walls ripple, and the liner bulge from behind the walls. Somehow it stood, and we kept power, unlike much of the area (and unlike some of the country for days!)

fill 'er up!

Local volunteer firefighters spent the rest of the evening and part of Saturday filling the pool. They brought a truck for the job, but had enough hose to use the hydrant in our front yard instead. It would have taken 3 or 4 days, I suspect, otherwise!

IMG_1966.jpg

But my boys (and theirs) loved having the truck around :)

IMG_1968.jpg

waiting for the inaugural swim

We had to wait for 3 long days for the liner to set. At least the water would warm up some. Here is our filtration system:

IMG_1979.jpg

skimmer and return

IMG_1981.jpg

swimming time!

We had nine kids in and out throughout the day, and by the afternoon it was even warm enough for me to get in it

IMG_1974.jpg

My middle child, age 5, is getting the most enjoyment of it so far!

IMG_1978.jpg

Still much to do, including the eventual deck, during which I'll be sure to hit the thread back up! Meanwhile, if I remember, I might take pics of the electric installation, back filling, whatever else...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.