Bought a 14x48 ultra frame with 1600 Intex ...

Jun 18, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hello everyone!! New guy here. Bought a 14x48 ultra frame with 1600 Intex sand filter, SW System, AGP Skimmer and all the PVC needed to set up the pool this saturday (hopefully). Just finished leveling the area last weekend. So, bottom line is:
I can cut a hole through the liner to fit a return and skimmer without any problems of compromising the strengh of the walls. I asume I have to do this with the pool empty to avoid a huge blooper do to the pressure weight of the water against the walls when making the cuts. So... It means that the pool is brand new and I will have to fill with water first to make sure there are no leak defects, drain the pool, install the mods and fill again. Ouch, that will leave a mark. Mabe I can pump the water to my old 12' easy set and back again to save money.
1/2" PVC will do the work? I didn't find 1/4" PVC adapters and stuff.

Thanks for any expert help guys!!

I would assume no leaks and fill the pool and go. Why worry about something that probably won't happen? Also, you want to cut the holes after you fill, not before. the liner will move and stretch when you put the water in. Fill it to with in 3/4" or so of the lowest fitting on the pool, then cut the fittings and install them, then finish filling the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.