Out of town for 10 days

Jun 22, 2008
Anyone have any tips for keeping my pool in working order despite the fact that i will be gone for 10 days? I will throw a few pucks into the automatic chlorinator, which i do not normally use except in cases where i am on vacation. I will put a solar cover on it to reduce water and chlorine loss.

I am Most concerned about the PH rising considering that i have been battling scale and need to keep in the low 7s according to the CSI. Any tips for keeping PH at an acceptable level? Doesn't help that the pucks also raise the pH i think.

appreciate any advice you may have

unfortunately no one can check on the pool. Good to know about the pucks, that makes things a bit easier. Wish there was an automatic Muriatic Acid dispenser, or liquid chlorine dispenser.

10 days will still be a stretch for the pucks if you only have a floating feeder. If you have a large inline chlorinator, then you can probably fill it up enough and set it low enough to last for 10 days (maybe even for 2 weeks, but probably not more than that).

Sausage said:
Wish there was an automatic Muriatic Acid dispenser,

An inline chlorinator basically is an acid dispenser. The entire time you are using stablized chlorine such as trichlor it will be adding acid which will lower your pH. For most pools this would always be a good thing (as pool pH tends to rise) and there would probably be no need for the BBB method if it weren't for the fact that it will also be adding cyanuric acid at the same time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.