Some Intellitouch Questions/hacks...

d2b

Sep 27, 2008
I have and intellitouch 19+3 I just installed. Got everything up and running no problem with screen logic. I want to do a couple of things and was interested to hear if anyone else has experience with setting up certain features.

First I would like to set up the intellitouch to turn on and off the fill valve on my pool. It is easy enough to put a solenoid sprinkler valve on the pool fill. I would like to do this without adding another personality expansion board as they are rather expensive and it seems the current board should be able to accommodate it. I found the plug that the intellitouch uses for hooking up valves to the board on Digi-Key. ( JST 03nr-e4k) I know the valve actuators run on 24volts Ac same as the Hunter Solenoid sprinkler valve I have. So i thought i could just hook the sprinkler valve to one of the Aux Valve port on the intellitouch. but when i hook my multimeter to the board and turn on the valve I am not seeing andy power. I know there are 3 wires there and not sure how its wired, so could use some help if anyone has tried this or know how its wired so i can see the voltage.

My second question I think is fairly straight forward. I am using flatplate solar collectors to heat my spa and once my spa gets to temp would like to put whatever excess heat is available from the solar in the pool. I have the pool and spa both plumbed with an extra set of lines so i will be using an aux pump to pump the water from the pool/spa through the heat exchanger of the solar system. the solar relay on the intellitouch will allow me to turn on the pumps for the solar system recirculating pump and the pool/spa aux pump. I am interested to know how to tell the intellitouch to turn a valve once the spa is at its set temperature to direct the solar heat into the pool.

Thanks in advance for your help
d2b

On the three pin connector you should have a common pin and two hot pins. Only one of the two hot puns will be hot at a time, depending on which way the valve actuator was supposed to travel.

Cool I just got it working, I figure I can add on a Intellitouch Valve Module and 3 relays give me the option to control 5 more devices 2 from the auxiliary Valves already on the board and another 3 from the Valve Module. The Black Wire all the way on the left is always on and the other 2 wires are switched.

Actually, you really wouldn't need for the Intellitouch to have to sense the water. Instead, you could use a float switch this "normally closed" so that low water levels would allow power to go to the solenoid valve. Once the float is at a predetermined height, it would break the connection from the Intellitouch to the solenoid valve. So, you could still have the water flow controlled by the Intellitouch, but this float switch would prevent overflow. Something like this might work:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MADISO ... vc=IDPRRZ1

It would work best inside of an auto-fill deck box, but could be placed anywhere along the line that feeds the water outlet, so long as the pipe enters the pool below the surface.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.