Pool Addicts Pool - So Far

pooladdict

TFP Guide
In The Industry
May 14, 2007
New Brunswick Canada
Well here is my baby, it pales in comparison to some of the ones on here, but its what we wanted with our budget.

After all, I don't know how some of you can leave your backyard oasis', I know it will be tough to head to work on a warm sunny day here.

I have done this all myself, except for the pb putting the pool in. It's been a labour of love and is almost done. Once I get it fully completed I will add another pic.

Rik

Attachments

• View From House.JPG
    View From House.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 1,045
Rik,

It looks great! I really like how you have that continuous decking from the porch to the pool...no steps. Nice! Love the natural wood!

I'm in Ontario too (outside of Windsor) and am considering the Aquarite SWCG. Does yours have a temperature
compensation feature (similar to AutoPilot)? And can the salt readout be calibrated? I can't find any online manuals and have heard that the newer models have had some features added.

Thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave:

My Aquarite has temperature and Salt Readings. It wont work below 55 and I am hearing it wont work above 95, as if that will be a problem in New Brunswick? I have had it running now for two weeks with low temps around 65 - 70 with that heat spell we had, and my current Ch reading is 2, with it running on 20%. I did alot of reading on another forum and made my decision on that, plus the fact that it is simple to plumb inline. Also like the flow switch factor that delays by 60 seconds once pool is fired up if on a timer. So far so good.

We got the inground raised 1 foot out of ground so that from patio doors we would just have one step down then onto deck. I hate concrete and it hates me, last pool was concrete and we were constantly having to deal with STS...Stubbed Toe Syndrome. THey say they can do it so it wont crack, but I have yet to see it down here.

My gosh, it doesn't pale at all in comparison. I think it's shaping up very nicely. Once you get the rest of it done and the furniture placed and a few plants or whatnot, it will be outstanding.

You know, until I joined this forum, I had no idea there were so many vinyl pools and especially IG! It's so fun to learn what people are doing for pools and decking.
I don't think I've ever seen wood decking for a pool until I saw so many here. It looks quite nice!

Thanks for sharing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.