CYA test

Jun 17, 2012
Howard City, MI
The pool test kit I have is a 6-way test kit (hth). However, it only has enough for 2 CYA tests. I have seen refills for the items to test chlorine and ph, but not for the CYA. Does anyone know where I can just get the agent I need for more CYA tests?

Also, how often should the CYA be tested?

Head over to TFtestkits Durleigh, sells refills on all the reagents there. as far as how often I only test mine when I fill or top off water. I also suggest getting one of the full test kits recommended on this site. doing complete analysis of your pool water only aids in understanding your pool in more detail and what is actually going on with it. Also these test kits will allow you to test FC and CC levels where the HTH kit is only giving you TC (FC+CC)

Our pool isn't very big....it is a Pool Series metal frame 18' x 48" deep pool. Since isn't a huge pool, I thought the hth 6-way test kit would be sufficient. Am I incorrect? However, as I mentioned earlier, the only problem is that there's only enough for 2 CYA tests.

If the hth drop test isn't sufficient, what specific test kit would you recommend that won't cost me an arm and a leg. I looked at the referenced sites for various kits and there are so many. Money is tight right now and trying to save anywhere I can. I am happy to have found this site since it has saved me a lot in pool chemicals. Bleach is soooo much cheaper.

Tx for the help. It is very much appreciated.

the 6 way test is OK in the interim of waiting for your kit. The FAS/DPD test is the most important test ("The FAS-DPD chlorine test is especially important, since it is the only commonly available chlorine test that can measure FC levels above 10 reliably and is precise enough to measure overnight FC loss." As stated in pool school)

you can order replacement CYA reagent fro tftestkits and as Jbizzle stated order the needed stuff for the FAS/DPD test (R0871,R0870,R003,and a scoop)

the tf100 test kit also comes in a smaller version 45.00.

Head on over to their site and check it out

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.