Intex 24x12x52 Ultra Frame pool install in Norfolk VA

zaxs

Apr 30, 2011
Well this year I gave my 18' blue blob to the neighbor and picked up the Ultra Frame pool. My back yard is narrow and the 18' round pool pretty much went from the fence to the house. I'm hoping that being only 12' wide this will fit better in the yard.

First question. I have seen reference to a drawing on the board that has measurements to placements of the support blocks but have not been able to locate it. If anyone knows where it is I would be very grateful. Or if someone that has one already can take some measurement that would work as well. Thank you in advance.

Yesterday I had to bust up a 10x10 concrete slab that was in the way and last weekend was cutting down two trees that hung over my yard from the neighbors yard, He was very happy to see them go. And now I don't have to worry about the leaves and black berries that the trees drop all summer long. I got lucky with getting my back yard level, my sister in law is dating a pool installer and he said he would knock it out this weekend in 15 min :party: . Unfortunately I didn't call him before I busted up the concrete with a sledge hammer he also said he could have done that in 15 min with the machine :hammer: . Well now I have to load up concrete and take it to the recycle company. :whip: Oh my aching shoulders. Pictures to follow.

Cheers, :cheers:
Chris

Thanks. So it looks like if I am 13' 10" to center of the leg supports on width and 25' 10" on length I should be good. My idea is to build a level form and pour concrete to make a complete square all arround that way I will not have blocks that sink or shift and then fill the inside with pink foam and tarps. I just wanted to build the forms about 6" to 8" wide so it doesn't take a ton of concrete.

Not really in a freeze zone. Southern Virginia may have cold and snow but usually warms up quick.

Question #2; has anyone tried digging a deep end in the rectangle intex pools? I did it with my blue blob pools and was able to dig a bowl shape and get another foot down I was wondering if I could dig a sport pool bottom and have a deep part smack in the middle of the pool.

On the round ones with the inflatable ring the liner really doesn't stretch it more just bags down into the depression. On my 18Ft I was almost 5ft deep in the middle and I had it like that for 4 years. Looking at the frame pools I don't think it's possible due to the straps that the legs are held in place by have to be a specific length and I imagine that they probably go all the way under the pool. dropping the middle deeper would shorten the straps and probably cause the top rails to bend upwards. Yes I laid awake most of the night thinking about it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.