Hard cover walk on winter cover?

Durf

Jul 6, 2011
Some one needs to figure this out. I would pay a couple grand for one. Fiberglass or something light weight and strong. Modular, like 22 ft by 4 ft or something? Anybody heard of such a thing. I know companies install portable plexiglass ones for weddings and what not but I want one that i can keep, set up myuself each winter, and be able to use it like any other deck.

Fiberglass you could walk on at thoses dimension would be heavy! You'd need a grid and many support posts. You design points in a new pool build to support the weight and not damage the pool like maybe how they do umbrella holders. Take hours to assemble I'd bet....

The issue is the span length and the though that you could never be certain the whole bridge wasn't overloaded with a bunch of people. For a 22' span, we're talking some serious I-beams. Aluminum truss might work if the load was distributed with poles or, in a pinch, foam floats.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.